Exfoliate To Keep the Skin Pores Clean
To get rid of those dark leg pores, exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate! If you want to eliminate those dark leg pores, make sure that you exfoliate your legs regularly. This way you eliminate dead skin cells and nix those pore blockages of dirt, sebum, and other impurities.
These mixtures of ingredients are great to use for exfoliating the skin and help alleviate dark pores on the legs. Choose one of the options below.
- Mix 2 tbsp of sugar with 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Combine 1 tbsp of baking soda with 1 tsp of warm water.
- Mix enough salt with buttermilk to make a paste.
- Combine 2 tbsp of brown sugar, 2 tbsp aloe vera gel and 1 tsp lemon juice into a paste.
- Blend equal parts of brown sugar and baking soda with water to make a paste.
Exfoliate with natural, mildly abrasive scrubs. Using a loofah, exfoliating mitt or a towel, gently massage the homemade scrub onto affected areas (or the entire leg) with small circular motions for several minutes, beginning at the ankles and working your way up.
Rinse or gentle wipe off with warm water. Splash skin with cold water to close the pores.
Massage legs with healing oils or lotions with healing ingredients like aloe vera to increase circulation, keep skin moisturized and healthy.
- Add pure glycerin to vitamin E oil, almond oil, jojoba or coconut oil.
- Peel and mash a cucumber and apply the cucumber juice to affected areas. After a few usages this will help reduce the color of the dark pores.
- Add a couple of drops of tea tree oil to two tablespoons of olive oil and massage into the area for a few minutes.
- A few drops of sandalwood oil in olive oil or coconut oil
- Equal parts of lime (or lemon) juice, cucumber juice and rosewater to legs
- Apply egg whites on pores and leave on for several minutes, rinse with cold water.